Donate today to support the new moose and other behind-the-scenes stuff that is critical to making Apple Hill so meaningful to us all! Please consider making a gift today, and “kiss the moose” with your contribution!Kiss the Moose
What is it about the magic of the moose that compels everyone to kiss it at the end of each session? It’s a long-standing tradition and a game-changing event that seals everyone’s fate when we kiss the moose! We are completely given over to all things Apple Hill. We belong! In fact, an adult student who has been coming to Apple Hill for 31 years finally kissed the moose this summer. The look on her face said it all—she is an Apple Hiller for life.
But the current moose is a sad representation. Why? Well, a few years ago, we had a break-in and the moose was kidnapped and destroyed!
Next time you visit Apple Hill for a concert or session, check out the moose—a stand-in for sure until we have a new one that befits the importance of its role as the mascot of Apple Hill.
You may be saying to yourself right now, “Why should I care?” If you are a student, an alumni, or a faculty member, we don’t need to tell you how crucial your financial support is. If you attend our concerts but have never been a student, or if you have never been to Apple Hill—have never kissed the moose—here’s your chance to belong! Contribute and you will be “kissing the moose” with your support. And you will feel that magic right away just like our students do!
Donate today to support the new moose and the behind-the-scenes stuff that is critical to making Apple Hill so meaningful to us all:
- A new moose!
- A new adult/faculty cabin
- New bricks and lighting for the walkway, making Apple Hill accessible for everyone
- A new irrigation system to perk up the garden that provides us fresh greens
- Upgrades for the kitchen to support our Food Service that provides 15,000 meals per summer
- A ping pong table: A ping pong tournament is another important Apple Hill tradition, which like chamber music (especially doubles), requires teamwork, listening (not really), watching, adjusting, sensitivity, and flexibility.
With donations of all sizes, we hope to reach this year’s goal of $20,200 by August 31.
The first $1,000 in gifts to the Kiss the Moose campaign will be matched by a generous donor!Kiss the Moose