2022 Application Instructions
We are now accepting applications for our 2022 Summer Chamber Music Workshop from students accepted to our 2020 or 2021 Workshops.
Any interested applicants who were not accepted to either the 2020 or 2021 Workshops may apply beginning January 19, 2022.
All students must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks before the start of their session. If your initial vaccination was more than six months before the session, you must also receive a booster shot two weeks before arriving at Apple Hill. Click here to learn more about our covid protocols.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until May 1, 2022. Priority admission for 2020 and 2021 accepted students ends January 18, 2022.
Please contact Amelia at 603-847-3371 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Completing your application
A completed application requires the following three components:
- The online application form.
- A placement recording. Apple Hill encourages musicians of all skill levels, and admissions are considered according to availability.
- $75 application fee. Click here to pay online or mail a check to: Apple Hill Center, PO Box 217, Sullivan, NH 03445. Application fee waived for students accepted to the 2020 or 2021 workshops who apply by January 18, 2022.
- We cannot accommodate late arrivals or early departures. When selecting the sessions you are applying for, please make sure you are available from 5pm on the first date listed until 5pm on the last day listed (plus any necessary travel time). Contact Amelia (email@example.com or 603-847-3371) for any questions about travel arrangements.
- If you are applying for financial aid, please make sure to fill out all financial aid questions thoroughly; we cannot evaluate incomplete applications.
A complete placement recording includes:
- 2 or 3 contrasting selections, recently recorded
- At least one recording must be of the applicant playing with other musicians, either in chamber groups, duets, sonatas, or solos with piano accompaniment
- For CD or DVD submissions:
- Label disc with your full name, identifying information about the piece, and your instrument/part.
- Mail to Amelia Perron, Apple Hill Center, PO Box 217, Sullivan, NH 03445
- For digital file submissions:
- Please use the one of the following formats: public youtube links, mp3, .mov, or .mp4 files
- Each file must be smaller than 250MB
- Title each youtube video or digital file with your full name, identifying information about the piece, and your instrument/part
- Email the files/links to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants applying on two instruments must send a complete set of placement recordings for each instrument.
Placement recordings are not auditions; they allow us to make the best possible music assignments for you this summer.
Once you’ve been accepted
Once Apple Hill has received your application form, recording, and application fee, your acceptance letter will be emailed to you.
Once you receive your letter, you will need to send in your tuition payment and required forms.
Tuition for one session is $2,000.
Deposit ($1000/session): Due within two weeks of receiving your acceptance letter in order to hold your place at your session.
Balance ($1000/session): Due by May 1.
Click here for information about fees.
Click here to pay your tuition now.
If you have tuition credits from 2020 or 2021, they will be applied towards your balance. Contact Amelia with any questions or concerns.
All participants are required to send the following forms, after acceptance, by May 1:
- Completed 2022 Medical Form.
New Hampshire state law requires all participants to submit a health history, health statement, and immunization record; above is our suggested form. Any medical costs incurred during the time of camp will be billed to the camper or the camper’s parent/guardian. In the case of serious illness or medical emergency, the advice of a physician will be followed. In such an instance, a representative from Apple Hill’s summer staff will contact the primary parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Completed 2022 Travel Form.
- Completed 2022 Emergency Contact/Release Form. Apple Hill Summer Chamber Music Workshop Policies 2022.
- Photo or scan of your COVID-19 vaccine card, including boosters. Must be completed, at the latest, two weeks before arriving to the Apple Hill campus.
Work Study Applicants
Work study positions are available for returning participants over age 18.
Click here for more information.
If you have additional questions, please click here for FAQs, or contact Amelia at (603) 847-3371 or email@example.com.