Covid Protocols for Summer Chamber Music Workshop 2022
At Apple Hill, the health and safety of our entire community has always been our first priority, and we are dedicated to preventing the spread of covid-19 at our Summer Chamber Music Workshop. The following policies will be followed by all students, faculty, and staff. We understand that covid protocols, along with local, state, and national guidelines, and medical best practices, are ever-changing. We will update our policies as necessary at any point.
- All students, faculty, and staff must be up to date on vaccinations at least two weeks before arriving on campus (initial series plus at least one booster). Please send a copy of your covid vaccination card to Amelia no later than May 1.
- All students, faculty, and staff will get a PCR test at a clinic within 72 hours (3 days) before arriving on campus. The PCR test is the responsibility of the student/family. .Anyone testing positive will not be allowed on campus.
- Additional testing will be required upon arrival.
- All students, faculty, and staff will mask on campus while inside. Exceptions made for in one’s own cabin or during meals. The masking requirement will drop 3 days into the session, provided there are no positive covid cases or symptoms that emerge during that time.
- We strongly encourage the use of high-quality, well-fitting masks, such as N95s or KN95s.
- In the 10 days prior to arriving at Apple Hill, students, faculty, and staff are expected to minimize their risk of covid exposure: wear masks in public spaces and avoid large gatherings and indoor restaurants.
- During the session, all activities will be on-campus. Apple Hill students, faculty, and staff will minimize off-campus trips, and will wear masks at all times in public buildings.
- We will be maintaining a bubble/closed campus during session. We will unfortunately not be able to accommodate guests/visitors during sessions, except at our final participant concerts (see information below).
- The Tuesday night concerts during sessions will be closed to any outside guests.
- The final participant concerts will be open to family and friends under the following conditions:
- Masks must be worn at all times by guests, faculty, student, and staff inside the building.
- Guests will show proof of vaccination or proof of a recent (within 72 hours) negative test result.
- The campus will be open to guests one hour before and one hour after each concert. The pre-concert meals remain closed to guests.
- In addition to the participant concerts, we also invite all guests and visitors to attend any of our seven public Tuesday night concerts that take place when the workshop is not in session (6/28, 7/5, 7/12, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9, 8/23).
In case of a covid case on campus
- Anyone showing any potential covid symptoms will be tested and isolated immediately.
- Anyone testing positive will remain isolated on campus until they can return to their home, or to a safe location where care and continued monitoring can be provided.
- Anyone in close contact (ie cabin mates) will be tested and monitored for symptoms.
- Masking will resume for everyone.